Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6 Months


I'm one proud momma to see Laurel growing and loving life. She is one of a kind and I can't wait to see what God has in store for her in the future. As you can see, she still looks like her daddy, but thats ok. Her eyes have stayed a deep blue, and her lashes are to die for! Her hair is growing and is a pretty strawberry blonde. Maybe some day her hair will be long enough to put a cute bow in?

She is loving some cereal these days. She eats oatmeal in the morning with pears. In the evening she eats rice cereal with summer squash. Just this week (June 15) I added a third meal of sweet potatoes for lunch. I was going to wait till she was 7 months to add a third meal but I think she was ready. We have also started her on a sippy cup with only water and just give it to her after solid food. She only gets a few sips in but it sure is fun! It's so cute to see her holding it up with both her hands. Such a big girl!

I'm looking forward to trying more foods on her this month. Next up is bananas, then green beans (Yikes). So far I have made my own squash and sweet potatoes, and pears for her but in the long run if I have coupons I'll keep buying them pre-made. I've heard green beans are hard to get a good texture with if you make them yourself so I'll probably just buy those already made up too. I've also heard there is a nitrate issue with carrots, but I think as long as I buy them with the green stalks on them and make them right away and freeze right away we should be ok. Plus, its not like I'm going to feed her carrots every meal. I'm dreading adding meat into her diet, and think we might can do without? I may opt to keep feeding her iron fortified cereal and start her on lentils, yogurt, cheese, and eggs?

At her 6mo check up on the 13th of June she is back at the 25% for weight (14.12 oz) , at 4 mo she dropped to the 15% and it was questionable if I would continue nursing her, but we pushed through and I'm glad we did. Her height is around the 55%.

Her favorite thing to play with is probably a wet wash cloth. She loves playing peek-a-boo with it and chewing on it. I love to watch her excitement after meal times when I get the warm water going to wet a wash cloth, so funny. I call her my little swimmer/ froggie because she kicks her legs when she gets excited to be picked up or if she's really into what she's playing with.

Napping is still an issue sometimes, but I choose not to dwell on it. I'm thankful she sleeps anywhere from 11-12 hours at night and maybe someday when she's only taking two naps she'll get into a better groove. I can't seem to figure her out, but on most days she takes a 1 1/2 hr nap in the morning and for her last two naps she just does 30 min. I've been holding her for her last nap of the day and love seeing her wake up and rub her eyes and stretch.





1 comment:

  1. we never start meats until a year old and when we can give them the real thing in small bites. I'm not so sure about the baby food meat... it looks questionable! haha! We had iron issues with kayden (and still do as he won't eat any type of red meat) and we just give him the iron fortified drops. Our ped does a check at 9 months of their iron level and she rechecked kayden again when we went for mykah's 9 months. Green beans were really hard for us to make homemade and kayden would never eat them because of the texture, so we did the pre made baby food there, but I always made my own carrots. We bought the bag of small baby carrots and then made them right away and freeze. My sister in law bought the bags of already frozen ones because there is less of a nitrate issue with them, but you are right... just don't let them sit long before making and freezing and you will be fine. She is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete