Monday, June 17, 2013

5 months


Laurel has grown up so much this month. She is truly a wonder and I'm so blessed to see her grow and learn. She finally rolled over a day before she turned 5 months, she had gotten so close sooo many times before. It kinda scared her the first time she did it and both Andy and I were there with her (glad we both got to see that special moment). 

Laurel also has chompers now! Beware they are sharp. The bottom two popped through without any trouble, I had noticed some congestion, but no fever. I was expecting some major fussiness, fever, rashes but so far we are good.  

I also started her on some solid food just before she turned 6 months it took a good two weeks before she decided she liked cereal. She seems to go for the rice cereal more than the oatmeal. 

Her excitement to see Mom and Dad is too cute. She straightens herself up and grunts and smiles. It feels so good to be loved and recognized. I can't wait for when she can walk/ crawl up to me and give me a big hug all on her own. 

She got the hang of how her exersaucer works and can fully rotate around and looks so busy when she is playing. There's a toy on there that she finds frustrating to get in the exact place she wants it, and grunts and cries when it won't do right for her. Its fun to see her personality blooming before my eyes.  She also figured out her johnny jump up, it took a while but now she loves it. 

My favorite time with her continues to be before bed when I can nurse her to sleep. I also love after she finishes eating throughout the day and I put her on my shoulder to burp her and she cuddles right in and lays her head down on me. So sweet!  


No comments:

Post a Comment