Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Henard Baby Girl #2 on the way

As most of you know by now we have another little blessing on the way. We are thrilled to welcome another baby GIRL sometime around March 5, 2015. I'm now almost 21 weeks along and everything seems to be moving along like it should. Our 20 week anatomy ultrasound looked great and it was so reassuring to see our baby girl moving around in there.

I started to feel movement with this pregnancy a little later, somewhere around 16 weeks or so. Since then I've felt many little nudges from our girl. Someday God may choose for us to have a fourth pregnancy, but these blessings are not always guaranteed so I'm soaking it all in while I can. Morning sickness is just about gone. If it does strike now its really mild and I get over it pretty quick. I've been using Zofran again and it's worked great for this pregnancy. Overall, morning sickness with this pregnancy has been so much milder than with Laurel and with the pregnancy before Laurel which resulted in a miscarriage. I'm so thankful for each one of these children that God chose for us to care for and love even if our first was for such a short period. All three have brought joy to us in so many ways. In the weeks we first found out about our first pregnancy until we found out we had miscarried were some of my happiest days and yet the sickest I've ever been.  That joy of our first pregnancy is something that I would never wish away. So that being said, morning sickness stinks but God gives some pretty amazing blessing on the other side of it, you just have to go through some yuck to see the joy.

I'd rather not update you on the weight gain. Let's just say I'm doing ok in that department. No warnings yet from the doc. lol  So, as you would expect since I'm not puking all the time the weight is adding up. With Laurel I gained 45lb. I lost it all pretty quick, but still that was a lot of weight. So far my cravings have been pizza and sour gummie related. I've been able to eat a wider variety of foods this time around, which has been really nice. With Laurel I lived off Arby's roast beef and baked potatoes.

Laurel has a mild understanding of the new baby and points to my belly when we ask her about baby sister. She also points to her belly too, asking if there is a baby in her belly too. We are praying for a smooth adjustment for her and baby sister. I hope they will be big buddies.

Our current guest room will turn into baby sisters's room and we have some work to do. The main things we need to do are install shelving in closet, paint (think I'll do a super light pink), make a curtain, and maybe find a few things to hang up on the wall.

Date nights/days have made a reappearance at our house and we are beyond excited to have the opportunity to spend some time away before the new baby is here. Laurel is loving our dates as well since she gets spoiled by her Nanna and Pappy while we're away. Mom and Dad have sold their house and have moved to Dandridge and we are thrilled (insert happy song and dance here). Mom and Dad should close on their house in Alvaton Nov. 13 I believe. This has been a major prayer request that has been answered by God.


No comments:

Post a Comment