Monday, August 26, 2013

8 Months



Oh my, she is getting to be more like a toddler and less like my baby. This month we got to see her crawl for the first time. She's been trying for the past month and finally decided she could do it. I actually wasn't cheering her on at the time but kind of ignoring her and talking to Andy when we noticed she was crawling, after she got to where she wanted to go (her little people barn) she pulled up on it and turned back and smiled.  So glad I've gotten to experience these moments with Andy, they are priceless.  


When Andy got back from the youth mission trip to Cincinnati Laurel busted out saying da da. I had decided to go to Knoxville the day after he got back and left Andy alone with Laurel and they did great! I think the one on one was exactly what they needed to catch up with each other and she gained a new word. She also started saying ba ba, no particular meaning to us, but I'm sure she knows exactly what it means.


Laurel's new found independence is nice sometimes, I'm hoping it will get better once she realizes what she can and can't pull up on. Most of the time she will go with me from room to room, but sometimes she would rather go to another room without momma. This week I'm working harder on baby proofing. I've taken books that she can tear up and put them away, we will install ceiling fans this week so I can get rid of the box fan in her room (kind-of an eyesore anyways). This weekend we are putting a few cabinet locks on and possibly anchoring a book shelf and then I'm leaving it at that. She knows what the word no means and makes sure to give me her bottom lip pout when she hears it.

Separation anxiety has set in and she seems to be one of the harder ones in the nursery. I'm thinking its because she's the first child with no siblings to share my attention with and the fact that I'm here with her 24/7. She may be ready for a couple mornings out of the week to be away from mom in the next few months, I sure hope this helps. I think it would be healthy for both of us to have some time away from one another.
Staring at the door waiting for a rescue. 

Her favorite toy is a v-tech zebra, she loves to be pushed around! She crawls up to it and gets the music playing and turns around and smiles like "take me for a ride momma". It's so fun to give Laurel new things to play with but she's still fascinated with air vents, socks and fabric in general.  I love how simple it can be to make her happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment